Monday, April 04, 2011

Christianity & The Lead Codices

I read in the Telegraph a Fantastical Story. Not discussing here whether or not what is commonly called at the moment the 'Lead Codices' are authentic, the story of the protagonists themselves and their involvement seems to be a woven yarn in many places. According to the Telegraph version (contra the Daily Mail who talk of the Bedouin Hassan Saeda more) this story largely revolves around a certain Mr Elkington whose description and actions within the article immediately brought to my mind the type of person I've had the occasion to chance upon, and one who appeared- well, a little unhinged.

I wondered if it'd be worthwhile to try and chase down Hassan Saede (if at all possible)- since he lives in the town by Mount Tabor....anyone got a cell number for him?

It made me think further of the impact such an authentic artifact(s) such as these could give to Christianity (IF and BY NO MEANS proven..) this is a hypothetical musing... It at first made me shudder a little, then I felt a little sorry.... still engrained in me is the desire not to cause someone's faith to fail. Yet if i truly think on it- i have slid to the other side of the spectrum where actually i'd prefer to live in a world where Religion itself is an artifact- lovingly researched and cherished but never used anymore as a tool or crutch in our lives.
the pic i found here

1 comment:

ליאת נאה Liat Naeh said...

Religion as an artifact. An interesting idea.